BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Congratulations Mom

I have started this post a few times, but never could find the words to say. As most of you know I am a teacher and chose this profession because of my mom. She taught Kindergarten for almost 30 years before becoming a school counselor and eventually an elementary principal. The neat part about it is that I had the privilege of working under her for the last 4 years. Not many people get to have their mom as their boss. Not only was she my boss, but also a person that I admire and can only dream of being like one day. She is one the hardest working people I know and was so passionate about her job. This summer she had the opportunity to take a new job working for different schools through the service center. I know that she was sad to leave the school district she had worked for for 35 years, but it was a change that would be better in the long run. I am so happy for her. Last night about 35 people from the elementary school went to eat at Two Senoritas as a going away party. Everyone went together to get her a Pandora charm bracelet with several charms on it. It is beautiful. Below I have posted some pictures from school and from the party last night. I love you mom, and good luck with your new job. We will truly miss you.This was from mom's 50th birthday at school.


This was mom's last night in her office. She was taking a break while we were packing.


Mom and Velma, our school secretary and one of mom's best friends

My mom, myself and Avery

Mom and Kara (her baby is due in 6 weeks)


0 comments: