BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Saturday, July 25, 2009

One Brave Sister

Last week I got a call from my sister telling me that she wanted Avery and Addison to paint some pictures for her nursery. She is having a little girl in September. My first thought was "Are you kidding?" I just couldn't imagine what kind of pictures she would be wanting them to paint to use as the decorations for her first child's room. I told her sure and just hoped for the best. I know. I should have had more faith in my children, but I will remind you they are 2 and 4. And from the looks of this picture, Addison and paint do not go well together. Kara came home for the weekend so Friday night we went to Paris to eat at TaMolly's and go to Hobby Lobby. Avery wanted her picture made with one of the scarecrows at Hobby Lobby. Only the girl one though. She said the boy was scary. We came home with paint matching her crib bedding and three blank canvases. (scary) Kara sketched designs on two of the canvases for Avery to paint and gave a blank canvas to Addison.
I wil say I am very impressed with how the pictures turned out, and the girls had so much fun. Especially knowing they were decorating their new cousin's nursery. It took a while, but I did finally relax and just let them paint how they wanted. My OCD was trying to take over and have them make everything perfect, but I'm glad Kara convinced me it needed to be their own work.



This is the bedding.


Here are the pictures after they are finished.

0 comments: